Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My policies are my protection


The hardest parts about trying to do my own thing is not stressing over every little comment or detail or money... mainly money. Everyday presents a new challenge and I grow from every experience. It's hard not to stress about whether a customer will be happy with their item or not. Everyone is different and I cannot predict how people will react. I stress out more when I assume the worst and I feel I may have to give them a refund. Refunds hurt because I put in all the work and spent many days working on their item.. many days I could use to be making money other ways. On top of that I spend the money to make the item and if the item is returned I cannot resale it, due to it is to their very specific measurements.

My policies are my protection. Though after re writing my policies in order to be protected my sales have decreased slightly (Im assuming my policies present a risk people do not wish to take). But decrease or not I cannot be screwed over anymore.

But of course there are always those people who could care less what the policies say and threaten you. That is the worst and really gets to me. I'm very slowly learning how to speak to them and make people understand I am not a retail store. How do I get the threats to stop all together? I don't know.

Here is an etsy item I need to wear to remind me to just stay calm.

No comments: