Friday, September 3, 2010

Weddings

I have to admit, I was a little scared when first starting to do wedding dresses and brides maid dresses. I didnt feel that I had the kind of personality to be able to deal with... BRIDEZILLAS!!! Now the rumor about brides isn't necessarily untrue. Many of my brides have not been the most pleasant to work with. I understand it is a very important day, but some are in LALA land. All I'm saying is if you order a dress online for a very reasonable price that is custom maid for you please expect that you may need take it in half inch or any other tiny detail. And I have to admit, I'm pretty darn good at doing replications but do not expect to get the same $5,000 Vera Wang dress when I was given $300 to replicate it....

I'm not complaining! It is now humorous to me to see how some people let themselves get so worked up and I'm simply stating the rumors are true. BUT of course, there are those wonderful wonderful exceptions that make everything worth it. I have worked with very lovely people. The best part about my job is when the customer understands these dresses are like your babies and they want you to see the end result. I recently received pictures from a customer (Dawna) and it brought so much joy to me and my sample maker (mom), that it is indescribable. I hope I get more customers like her and I wish her well on her marriage. Congratulations!

Currently I'm working on Replicating this dress (bottom photo) for three brides maid dresses. Already I can tell it is going to be a
wonderful experience. After a while I have learned to spot the crazies and now refuse to work with them from the beginning.
I have learned that I am stronger than I thought and can deal with tough customers BUT the crazies are never happy, so there is just no point in trying to please them. LESSON LEARNED :)

No comments: