Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life On a Silk Cloud

I have a serious addiction. The other day on one of the many trips I do to downtown during the week, I bumped into an old fabric connection. He had just received a truck full of silk he was about to sell wholesale to another vendor. He asked me if I wanted to purchase some before he took it to the other dealer. Now usually crinkled silk chiffon runs from $6-$8 a yrd. I can usually only afford 2 or 3 at a time. He was selling it to me for $2 a yard. I got so excited. I bought 15 yards.

For the rest of the day I couldnt stop thinking about how I wanted to go back and get more. Did I need more? NO. Do I have an apartment full of fabric I haven't used yet? YUP. I can't help it!! Buying silk...especially crinkled silk chiffon, gives me such an ENDORPHAN EXPLOSION!!!!!

I just want more!!!! And I want it now!!!
I can only imagine heaven is made up of silk clouds to fall asleep on.






Sneak peak: Here I am trying to get this shot ... took a few tries.

No comments: